Thursday, April 14, 2011

Links For Writers - "L"



It's hard to keep up with the changing world of publishing if you're supposed to be banging out at least a thousand words a day as an author.


One think I like to do is find some people that report on things like Marketing or Promotion on a regular basis. That way, I can just follow their Tweets and see what headlines they're talking about. 


If you keep a few in your favorites or make a list with just those Twitter accounts, it's an efficient way to keep abreast of topics without letting social media become a total time suck.

  • Elizabeth Craig has a Twitter account @elizabethscraig where she often shares the most helpful links for writers. From great advice on structure and style to marketing news. 
  • Publishing Spy has the lowdown on publishing whispers and happenings from around the world. Follow them @publishingspy for updates.
  • @bubblecow a UK based website, Tweets news to help you with getting your book noticed or getting yourself published.
  • Joanna Penn @thecreativepenn has the most helpful Tweets. Things like how to link your book cover picture to your shopping cart. Practical, technical, savvy...check her out.
Did I miss anyone you find particularly helpful? Leave them in the comments, I'm always looking for help. 

BTW: If you print out the above photo, you can make your own pointless paper Twitter bird.

Until next time...Go Write!

12 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I knew about Elizabeth's site, but not the others.

J.L. Campbell said...

Appreciate the links!

GYPSYWOMAN said...

oh, great info! thanks so much - and i love the twitterbird!!! ;)

Angeline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angeline said...

Brilliant links, thank you. I also love @EssentialWriter; links to the fantastic articles on their website.

Stephanie said...

LOL! The Twitter bird is cute!!

Raquel Byrnes said...

Thanks for the additional link, Agneline!

Ann said...

Thanks for the great links!

Jess said...

Very cool~ thanks!

Ann Best said...

Thanks, Raquel, for these very helpful links. I've written them down. I'm finally understanding how to most effectively use Twitter, and posts like yours today add to my knowledge base. Thanks! And thanks for your kind comment about my little daughter's surgery. She's recovering well.
Ann Carbine Best’s Long Journey Home

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

I know I should jump on the tweeting bandwagon, but I haven't done it yet. It seems like one more thing to add to a day already soaked up with activities. I'll eventually cave. LOL

Arlee Bird said...

Someday I'll start Twittering...and then they'll come up with something else to confuse me.


Lee
Tossing It Out