Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Don't Fight Zombies Without It - "D"



Don't fight zombies without reading this first - "D".


I know very little about Zombies. I know that my brother knows more and in fact argues that certain movies depicting "fast" zombies are crud.  I have no idea what he's talking about.


Of course, he does attend the annual zombie walk in Seattle so there may be larger issues at play.


Since this blogging challenge puts me in touch with writers of all genres, I thought I'd do some research on zombies in case I come across one while commenting today.


My first order of business was to locate a Zombie Weapon Guide, because what is the best sword for fighting the undead?  I thought it would be a light saber, but apparently the forums don't appreciate "idiot answers." 


Whatever. 


I did find out that most athletes would likely survive, not for their physical prowess, but because football pads and wrist guards are really handy against bites.


You should have a "Ready Pack" which appears to be an earthquake survival kit but with more weapons.


Some experts suggest boning up on skills you might need. Car repair, campfire building, lock picking, booby-trapping things to explode, locking infected friends in sheds...that type of thing.


For further study, be sure to take the Will You Survive or Are You Walking Meat quiz here.


I'm sure you experts out there have more advice. If I've missed anything please let me know. Until next time...Go Write!


This message brought to you by the A-Z April Blogging Challenge.


Photograph by Abode of Chaos.

14 comments:

Duncan D. Horne said...

I feel a little safer after that! CHeers!

Duncan In Kuantan

AlexOngNYC said...

Alex from Breakfast Every Hour was here.

iZombie said...

ahhh a zombie post, i am all about the zombies... but why kill them...

"D" is the Word...
A to Z Blog Challenge Participant
Jeremy [iZombie]
izombielover.blogspot.com

Laura Marcella said...

Zombies creep me out. I'd never survive a zombie invasion, lol.

M.J. Fifield said...

From what I understand, a sword would work out well because you have to go for the head shot to kill a zombie. Cut off their head, bash in whatever they have for brains, and you should be okay.

I only know any of this because a good friend of mine is a zombie freak. I'm going to tell her there's a zombie walk in Seattle and I'll probably never see her again.

A fun post...


M.J. Fifield
My Pet Blog

Nate Wilson said...

It's always good to stay in touch with other genres, and even more important to be prepared in case of zombie attack.

And what better way to prepare than with Christmas Carols for the Zombie Apocalypse?

Ju Dimello said...

I am going to keep this handy when I write my zombie book ;) Thanks LOL

Following you from A-Z challenge!

Grammy said...

Hi, Do, do, that Voodoo that you do so well....no zombies allowed here. Too much sunshine floatin' around.
Thanks for the entertainment. Ruby

doreen said...

I love how brave you where to go out of your comfort zone. I really appreciate this post because I am terrified of zombies (for seriously real) and I would have thought I was fine with the light sabor.

Margo Kelly said...

I feel so prepared now ... bring on the zombies!

N. R. Williams said...

LOL Raquel, that was great. I wonder about your brother though. Hehehe.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

Dafeenah said...

I am pretty sure I am walking meat even without taking the quiz. Zombie movies freak me out. I don't know why but they just do.

Stopping by from the challenge
Dafeenah

Jingle said...

shivering imagery.

creative take on D..

Jamie (Mithril Wisdom) said...

Max Brooks, everytime. If the zombie apocalypse happens, get your hands on the Zombie survival guide. It'll tell you everything you need to know :D