Wednesday, April 28, 2010

X is for Xyster

I struggled to find an X word that would fit my current state of mind and happened upon Xyster.  This is a surgical instrument used for scraping bones...so its kinda like revisions, right?

As I continue to fine tune and polish my manuscript I look forward to reading all of the great entries from you fellow A-Z Blogging Challenge entrants.  Its nice to have a pleasant trip outside my worries to read about what is going on in other parts of the world.

I also wanted to thank you all for the great encouragement and advice on yesterday's comments...I shall take the critique circle's rants with a grain of salt...or maybe a salt block.  Since its my name on the pages, I'll go with my gut and stick with what I feel is the best representation of my heroine.  Thanks for helping me re-locate my back bone!  You guys rock!

Well, my completely arbitrary and self-imposed deadline looms ahead and I am off to do some more 'scraping'.  Until tomorrow, I hope you all have a wonderful day...Now Go Write!

Photograph by Asja, Uploaded on November 11, 2008.

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Now that you've found that backbone, don't use the xyster on it!
Clever word. Today is bringing out some good ones.

WELCOME TO MY WORLD OF POETRY: said...

Never heard of that word before though I've never had cause to do bone scraping.
Most informative and good to read.

Yvonne.

Eric W. Trant said...

Honestly, Raquel, you're one of the better writers I've seen on blogspace, and you're one of the blogs I click on everytime I see an update.

Take critique lightly. I bet you don't need much help.

- Eric

Marjorie said...

Bone scraping, Yikes! Well I hope your revisions go well.

Ellie said...

Bones and scraping; Nice, makes me think of Stephen King!

I haven't heard of it, very interesting! I agree, you have mad skills, don't fret to much and go with your intuition!

Lisa said...

If I'm not mistaken, Wagging Tales used this word for today too! Great writing minds...!

I agree with Eric - you are a wonderful writer. A pleasure to read although I don't always get by and frankly don't understand some of the "writer speak" at times, so don't comment on those. :O)

Watery Tart said...

*shivers* Man, that bone scraping image is graphic! See, there... I shivered again! I think revisions should probably be that way though, in order to really get down to the matter and do it right, so excellent word find.

I shivered yet again... It's probably a good thing I'm not a doctor.