Wednesday, April 7, 2010

F is for Forgetta 'Bout It

I'm knee-deep in revisions and about to run babbling down the cul-de-sac, my neighbors hate it when I do that, so I've decided I need a fun break.  Today I have decided that "F" is for Forget about anything important today and just focus on things that are light hearted.  So I pulled together a few things that always make me smile...even chuckle a a bit...

This is a list of hilarious metaphors that highschool students submitted as part of a creative writing assignment.  My favorite is: # 10 - McBride fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a Hefty bag filled with vegetable soup.  Oy!  Thats a visual I can't un-imagine. This is timeless stuff, people.

I recently received an email with funny exam answers that kids submitted. They range from a kid coloring 100 consecutive 'C' answers on his scantron...it was a True/False test.  To some very skilled doodling by obviously talented kids.  Here is one of my favorites.

Oh, and for those of you that survived April Fool's Day unscathed, I give you something worthy of mention. I saw this on Flickr. It just goes to show that I'm not the only one trying to get the girl's team on the board with some prank scores.

On a final note, I leave you with some amazing examples of what happens when graphic artists get bored.  Wow.  And I thought repeatedly hitting the Stumble! button was fun.

 Now finish watching and Go Write!

13 comments:

Gregg said...

Great post!!!!! Loved it. From the title to the video to the info. It was good to take a few moments away and enjoy. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I loved the list of metaphors -- thank you! My favorite was:

"It was an American tradition, like fathers chasing kids around with power tools."

I reminds me that all our writing is based on shared experiences, and my need to be more clear when talking about something so far from ordinary. I'd hate to see Christmas at that kid's house!

Raquel Byrnes said...

Hee Hee, that is true about the power tool family. Glad you liked the post.

Rae said...

Enjoyed your F post! Coming back every day for more!!!

Billy Coffey said...

Thanks for that much-needed breath of fresh air today, Raquel!

Wanda said...

Oh loved this one. Great video.

Lady Jayne said...

That was the perfect Hump Day post! Worth a 1000 laughs.

;)

WELCOME TO MY WORLD OF POETRY: said...

Thanks for giving me the giggles, though I am alone I was giggling at your post. A great post at that.
Take care.
Yvonne,

Marjorie said...

I'm a member of Worth 1000! I love that site. Though I usualy hang out around the photography contests. I'm not as talented at photoshopping as most of those people.

Lisa said...

Loved this! Excellent "F" post!

Ginny the Sock Monkey said...

OK, that picture that that kid drew is priceless. I actually have a picture that a 10 year old drew in an art class for his art teacher. I kept it because it had all of the following:
-a ship that floated above the waves
-a jolly rodger flag
-the Hulk wearing what looks like just a pair of legwarmers and sprouting what looks like warts, although it may just be a six pack
-oh, did I mention the Hulk has burning red eyes?

Yeah, so the Hulk is now a pirate... love kids and their imaginations. I'm framing that picture and putting it in my living room. I love kids : ).

Ellie said...

Great post; great video~ It was
reFRESHing!

Dee said...

Oh, I love the things kids write in school. lol