Monday, April 19, 2010

P is For Primal Scream - A Blogfest

For "P" is for Primal Scream..., I thought an explanation was in order.  As most of you know, I've decided to host a A Primal Scream Blogfest in honor of the celebration of Cinco de Mayo. In the spirit of that gutsy, hard-won battle, I challenge you to post the most exhilarating, teeth-grinding, blow-them-out-of-the-water scene from your latest WIP.

The scene can be the inciting incident, the climax, or anything in between. It can be an emotional blowout, or something more concrete. It just has to be your own. The Blogfest is on May 5th. Your entry can be any length, but remember to get to the height of the action as soon as possible.

And, as always, remember to comment on your fellow entrant’s blogs as we all work very hard to do a great job to entertain. Sign ups are on the side bar.

So get those fingers flying! I can't wait to see what you guys got.

Photograph by Morgali Photography, Uploaded on December 22, 2009.

20 comments:

The Alliterative Allomorph said...

I'll be there with bells on! :)

Patricia Stoltey said...

That's a great blogfest idea, Raquel. I don't have a heart-thumping scene to post, but I'm putting it on my calendar to check out what others are writing.

Raquel Byrnes said...

Thanks, guys. Looking forward to it. =)

Mary McDonald said...

I'd love to participate!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I like that idea. Let me make sure it's okay to post something from my upcoming book. Sorry, my WIP is not far enough along yet.

Wanda said...

Sounds like the blogfest will be fun and I'll have to remember to look out for it so I can read all the guts and glory.

B. Miller said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! Now you've got me wondering which scene I should use for the WIP... hahaha!!

Marjorie said...

I got Nothin', But I look forward to what others put out there.

sarahjayne smythe said...

I love the idea of this blogfest. I'll have to see what I can come up with. :) And I wanted to let you know I'm over here following you now. :)

Gregg said...

What is a WIP? And why should I be screaming at it? Why should be screaming at it on Cinco De Mayo?

Mary Anne Gruen said...

This souns like a wonderful idea! I have to see what I can come up with.

arlee bird said...

I will want to look at the submissions. This is probably a weakness for me. I can't think of anything I've written that fits this, although some of my yet to be written scenes in my WIP would fall into this -- I've been postponing these. Maybe I can get some tips, or maybe I'll decide at the last minute.

Lee
May 3rd A to Z Challenge Reflections Mega Post

Eric W. Trant said...

Definitely in. Heck, I scare myself!

- Eric

Jen said...

Ooo can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Ellie said...

I look forward to reading all of these; Great idea! I don't have a WIP
I have WIPc Work in Progress crafts!

I can think of a lot of heart thumping scenes. I guess I need to try writing. I probably need a dummies book and a grammar course, first! Can't wait....

Grammy said...

Hi, I reckon I don't have a heart=thumping scene in mind to write, but I will be sure to read the ones that do.
Ruby

Niki said...

How exciting to read what everyone writes :o)

WELCOME TO MY WORLD OF POETRY: said...

I may not have what you have in mind but I can take a peep.

Yvonne,

Watery Tart said...

I think this is fabulous! My scariest scene has a lot of swear words, but I have a close runner up I think I can use, and this is a nice incentive to polish it.

Kelly said...

Can't wait to read what others post. This sounds exciting!