Thursday, April 15, 2010

M is for Midway Humor Break

In order to survive this A-Z Blogging Challenge maniacally conceived by the inernet's own, Arlee Bird, I thought I'd take a couple of humor breaks during the alphabet. I had one previous post based on humorous links, that one was "F" day.  Many of you liked it so I thought I'd continue with the humorous links on this "M" is for Midway Humor Break, to celebrate the halfway mark. Woo Hoo! 

To begin, I present to you actual remarks doctors made on patient charts. My favorite: While in the ER, she was examined, X-rated and sent home. Nice. In the tradition of strange notations, this website has some of the best absence excuses ever written by the harried parent. Please excuse Jimmy for being. It was his father's fault. Tee Hee!

I have been home schooling my six children for over ten years now. We make quite a crowd when we're out shopping or even at field trips. Tim Hawkins, a musician and comedian, made a great video poking fun of his own homeschool family.  It made us all laugh.

 


Until tomorrow...Go Write!

Photograph by pdam2, Uploaded on May 22, 2006.

11 comments:

Fifi Flowers said...

We all NEED laughter for sure!

WELCOME TO MY WORLD OF POETRY: said...

Laughter makes the world go around and you sure made me laugh,
Thank you.
Take care.
Yvonne,

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That was clever! And I think he has you beat by a couple kids, Raquel.

Shannon said...

Laughter is the spice of life! Thanks for sharing this wonderful post and the funnies as well! Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving your wonderful comments, have a blessed day!

Lorena G. Sims said...

The video was funny and entertaining. The doctors remarks is also funny and it made me think of what does my doctor writes on his notes about me..??!

Lisa said...

Great post and I especially like the video. So you have 6 children and homeschool them? But you look so young!! And you're a writer! You've got a lot on your plate, for sure. And I'm impressed. :)

Niki said...

haha great post. I'm amazed at the amount of bloggers who homeschool their kids. wow!

Ellie said...

Wow, what a fascinating life you have!
Homeschooling by day and writer by night!
Thanks for sharing some laughs!
Cracking up keeps us from cracking open!

Gregg said...

Isn't he hilarious? Hats off to anyone who can home school six kids for 10 years.

Carol Fleisher said...

Great post! I so needed a laugh today. Hats off to you. I don't think I could homeschool. Great video though. Have a good weekend.

Freckles said...

I loved the video! I was actually home schooled myself.