- Get It, is the introduction to the bible character that the lesson will explore. The text is casual and relatable and gives the reader an understanding of who they are learning about.
- The next section, called Grab It, helps with life application of the lesson by relating the bible dilemma to everyday situations.
- The Hold It, section points the reader back to the Bible, with leading questions that they might have and encouragement to seek God in prayer.
- Live It, explains how to really incorporate the idea of the lesson into your life, whether it’s learning God’s promises by heart, or living to please the Lord in your everyday walk.
- Give It, encourages sharing what you've learned with others and daily Bible reading by showing the benefits and blessings of spending time in the Word.
The narration of the Bible on the CD is done by various famous teen stars from television, which I think is a nice draw. Their pictures on the back of an obviously Christian book got my thirteen-year-old curious enough to ask to see it. Cool on the outside with great content, the overall structure and pace of the lessons kept her both interested and loving it.
Part of a four-book-series, How Should a Christian Live, is Book Three and meant to help deepen your teen’s understanding of the Christian walk. Books One and Two, introduce the concept of Who Is Jesus and What is Salvation. Book Four, Why Should I Choose Jesus, rounds out the series.
My daughter loved this devotion. I was impressed with the amount of information and meaty study that was packed into each lesson. Suitable for any pre-teen to teen-aged person, the devotion is great whether seeking to go deeper in their relationship with the Lord, or if they are just beginning to ask questions about belief, life, and faith. I would recommend this devotion/journal to others.
I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com