Friday, June 24, 2011

MC Blogfest - Reyna From Purple Knot



In honor of the website launch for Jeannie Campbell's Character Therapist,  Elizabeth Mueller is hosting the Main Character Blogfest.


Jeannie helps writers to understand and therefore better layer the people they write. So she's given three questions for the Blogfest:


  • Question 1: What is your greatest fear?
  • Question 2: What is your biggest accomplishment?
  • Question 3: What is your biggest regret?


RULES: Pretend you are one of your MCs and answer all 3 questions.


Greatest Fear:
I suppose my greatest fear would be that I would be for people to see how scared and vulnerable I feel inside. I'm known as being a tough cookie. I'm a private detective, for goodness sake. I hunt down bad guys, but...I still feel broken. Like I can't get over what happened in Seattle and no matter how hard I work or how successful I am it won't be enough.  I miss James. I'm afraid that won't ever go away.


Biggest Accomplishment:
I've made it in a male dominated profession. Really made it. I moved from everything I knew and loved and not only survived...I thrived.  I'm shocked more than anyone.


Biggest Regret:
Letting fear win. It won't happen again. Nothing will keep me from doing what I know is right. If I had one more chance...a do over. Well, I wouldn't let a second chance at happiness or love pass me by.



Stop by Jeannie's site and make an appointment. I can't tell you how much she's helped me.  I also hope that you take a peek at the other participants in the Getting To Know Your MC Blogfest!



Reyna is the main character in Purple Knot, an edge-of-your-seat romance set in Seattle.


Available now at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and wherever
book are sold.

31 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like you've been through a lot Rea, all the best to you!

Looking forward to reading more, definitely checking it out! :)

Margo Benson said...

Three questions reveal so much! She's showing us several facets, some very private - great interview!

Laura Marcella said...

Cool idea for a blogfest! When I plan my characters, I answer questions like these in my character's voice. I love it when something unexpected is revealed about the character I didn't realize was in my subconscious.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Nothing like a surprised and shocked character!

Andrew Rosenberg said...

Sorry about Seattle, Reyna. We'll try to make things nicer for you next time. ;)

Jolene Perry said...

Cool.
I love Seattle.

Sound fun :D

Joyce Lansky said...

Thanks for introducing us to your detective friend. My little guy filled out the therapy paperwork yesterday, but he hasn't heard anything back yet.

Joyce
http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2011/06/meet-knob.html

RosieC said...

That's an amazing accomplishment. More power to her! She sounds like a really interesting character. :)

Ellen Brickley said...

Sounds like a very strong lady, I like her!

Shannon Lawrence said...

She sounds interesting, very strong, but someone who has suffered in the past. Great interview!

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Raquel, Hooray! I love how you posted for the blogfest--I'm sure you've made Jeannie's heart smile!

I love your voice for your MC--you really know your stuff. Your book sounds intriguing!

Thanks for participating! <3

♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥
Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?
YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!

Patricia Lynne said...

Good answers, sounds like a great MC. I'm already rooting for her.

Marsha A. Moore said...

Your character seems like a survivor, who is certainly tough, but more importantly, guided by a strong sense of purpose.

Robyn Campbell said...

Congrads on a super interview, Raquel. I wanna know what happened in Seattle! Love the voice. Excellent! :-)

Christine Tyler said...

Yay for Seattle! I always wonder why so many people pick New York when Seattle is so much cooler :P

Love the glimpse into your character's life. I'm going to have to check out your book!

AllMyPosts said...

Wow!!

This is awesome!! The answer to first question!! Seems you have a really interesting story to tell!!

with warm regards
Another Author

Jen said...

Such a strong voice. Great job on the whole interview.

Francine Howarth said...

Hi,

Great answers! Very strong voice, here. ;)

best
F

Lauracea (Sue R) said...

She's a tough cookie on the outside, but not inside :) Good for her.

alexia said...

She sounds like a great character - strong but soft, powerful but flawed... lots of juicy emotional layers.

Raquel Byrnes said...

Thanks everyone! I had such a great time with everyone's character interviews. Great idea, Elizabeth!

Francisco Araújo Netto said...

Rachel, peace ... Congratulations on your blog! I want to thank you for visiting and constructive participation in the blog.

Check back often ...

Att,
Teacher F. Netto.

Lindz Pagel said...

Be proud of your accomplishments Reyna. They show you what you're capable of. Don't let the fear win.

Raquel Byrnes said...

Francisco - Meu prazer. Gosto de discussões sobre educação. Vou visitar novamente definitivamente.


Linda - Reyna thanks you for the encouragement.

Julie Arduini said...

What a strong character. Her fears sound a lot like my MC. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!

Beth said...

Great interview and I knew your MC was a woman before she said it.
bethfred.com

Susan Kane said...

Very revealing, showing how vulnerable she/we are.

Arlee Bird said...

Reyna sounds very credible. She's a character I could believe in based on this interview.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Monja de Clausura Orden de Predicadores said...

Hola, tengo mala conexión, tienes un premio de mi blog para ti, me haría feliz que lo recogieras.
Gracias.
Te dejo mi ternura
Sor.Cecilia

Raquel Byrnes said...

Cecelia - ¡Feliz cumpleaños! Espero que tengas un día maravilloso celebrar con sus amigos. Gracias también por visitar mi blog.

Ellie Great said...

Nice blogs.