Monday, June 13, 2011

Help!

My Awesome Crit Partner, Erin Spock, Hold On To Your Bloomers!
We all could use a hand with our writing. Whether its to check for form, pace, cheesy dialogue...getting our stuff in front of other writers for critique is really important.  


But how do you find a decent crit partner?  One you don't want to strangle...one that pushes you to be a better writer?


If you'd like to find out, then pop on over to EA West's blog, The West Corner. You may find my article, How To Find A Critique Partner, helpful.


I will be on Blog Talk Radio today chatting with Jo-Anne Vandermeulen on her show, Authors Articulating! It's live...stop by for a chat and some fun!





Don't forget to enter the contest for a surveillance gift basket...its filled to the brim with goodies, gift cards, and a cool gadget! Not to mention my new release, Purple Knot!

7 comments:

Pk Hrezo said...

Amen, sister! A good CP is invaluable!

Bryan Russell (Ink) said...

I thought you were supposed to use the Want Ads...

Rachna Chhabria said...

Hi Raquel...its nice to meet you. Love the title of your book 'Purple Knot'. Its romantic, as well as has a hint of intrigue in it (I am wondering why the romance is Knotty).

I just found a Crit Partner, but I will go through your post to see what one must look for in a CP.

Wishing you lots of success with your book.

Raquel Byrnes said...

Pk - Here, here! I agree.

Bryan - interesting angle...maybe Craig's list too? ;)

Rachna - Back atcha! Hope you CP is a perfect match.

Susan Fields said...

An awesome critique partner is such a blessing!

Raquel Byrnes said...

Susan - I hear you! So glad I found mine. Been two years and she is awesome.

Arlee Bird said...

Very cool! I'll check it out.


Lee
Tossing It Out