Monday, May 3, 2010

A - Z Challenge -- Reflections

Thank you to Arlee Bird and his A-Z Blogging Challenge. April was a whirlwind of blog posts, commenting, and site hopping. I loved it. I met people from all over the world and learned about their interests, passions, failures, and aspirations. From Greece to New Zealand...India to California, the people on the other side of my monitor lifted my spirit with beautiful poetry, moving photographs, verses, and prose.

If I had a problem figuring out what to blog about before, I've been cured. I posted more times in the month of April than in the past two years combined.  I learned how to grab photographs from Flickr, self edit, manipulate HTML tags, and use the Mr. Linky...all in one month!

It was definitely difficult to keep up with all the comments, but seeing yours in my email motivated me to spread the joy.  Someone out there was reading my posts...someone that didn't share my last name, or genetics, or was otherwise cajoled into "checking out my blog". If someone came up with a "post every odd day" fest or something similar I'd definitely throw my hat in the ring again.

Thank you for sharing all of your rants and praises. For letting me into your world for a few moments while you celebrated and hoped and even grieved.  I had a wonderful time...and will contiue to follow you all.

Photograph by lrargerich, Uploaded on January 17, 2009.

20 comments:

Grammy said...

Hi, Raquel,
Thanks for your constancy in reading my run-on thoughts and the kind comments you made. I am going to continue reading your postings; I really enjoy them. God Bless you, my dear.
Ruby

Beth said...

What a beautiful wrap up! We've enjoyed getting to know you too! :)

Wanda said...

Great concise wrap up of the challenge. I learned some of the same things. Pleasure to have met you.

The Alliterative Allomorph said...

Congrats on finishing Raquel! It's been a pleasure reading your posts. I'll be coming back regularly for sure! :) xx

SonshineMusic i.e. Rebecca T. said...

So glad to have found you through the challenge! Thanks for all of your thoughtful comments on my blog (and I'm looking forward to the blogfest :)

Kierah Jane Reilly said...

Raquel, I loved reading your posts during this challenge! I'll be coming back often to read more. Do you feel a little lost (like me?) What do I blog about now???

Shannon said...

Raquel, so glad you were in this challenge, thanks for all your wonderful comments on my blog, I am just sorry I didn't make it to yours very often, I will be coming by more now that the challenge is over, due to more time...lol...

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

And I will continue to follow you!

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

RAQUEL ~
And I want to thank YOU for the encouragement that you sent my way by reading some of my stuffs and commenting. It was a pleasure to have made your acquaintance. You're A-OK in my book!

~ "Lonesome Dogg" McMe

Marjorie said...

Your blog has been wonderful and very informative. You have made me think a lot about the writing process. I will continue to read.

Debra Harris-Johnson said...

I feel the same way about the challenge. Who knew we had so many things to share? I love your blog, congrats and I got my eye on you!

arlee bird said...

Thank you Raquel for such a lovely final statement on the Challenge. You really put a lot into the entire experiece. And hearing that you learned so much by doing makes me feel like there was real value in the Challenge for you. Thank you for being a part of this and I will continue to watch your progress.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Linda said...

Ah you did good! Loved reading your posts although I didn't read as many as I should along the way. Good final post.

Niki said...

You did a great job!! It was wonderful to meet you :o)

Patricia Stoltey said...

I'll definitely be back to visit, Raquel. The challenge was so much fun, and I also learned bunches of new stuff. I feel Arlee has done lots of us a great service.

Rayna M. Iyer said...

Thank you, Raquel for a month of posts I looked forward to.
The best thing about the Challenge was making new friends like you.

Incidentally, have tagged you in a meme today.

Watery Tart said...

Sometimes it takes something like this, doesn't it... just a big heave ho to get us over the learning curve and it seems natural at last..

I'm really glad you've dived in fully and hope you plan to keep blogging really regularly!

Eric W. Trant said...

Raquel, THANKS for my cupcake award. I linked you on my site. I dig your posts.

Digging

- Eric

Mary McDonald said...

Your blog is great and I'm so glad that I found it. Without the A-Z, I might not have. :-)

Btw, for your blogfest, is there a word limit or is it the whole scene? Mine is a bit long because there's the build up. Not sure if I should cut it or not.

Ellie said...

It was wonderful to have you part of the challenge; I really enjoyed all of your posts. I learned a lot, as well! I like the way you ended it!
I look forward to reading more of your work! Congrats~