Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Google+ For Writers...What You Should Know


So much buzz is going on about Google + these days that I thought I'd pass along some interesting articles I've come across. 

There are a lot of really cool ways to tweak your profile and one of these is a Google+ ID shortener.

I love to add new ways to connect with other writers and readers so I was excited to see this cool widget maker to customize one for my blog's sidebar.

So far, the most helpful information has come out of Galley Cat. Its a post on Promotional Tools for Writers. They have a list of writers currently using Google+ as well as some tips to help you optimize your profile. There is even a section on how to organize a book party.

If you're looking for ways to "tag" people like the @ on Twitter or like to add hot keys, then this article on Google+ Tips and Tricks is just up your alley.

I for one am excited about the hangouts. I think it would be fun to have virtual critique group meeting.  That would be both useful and fun!

You need an invite to join, but they are plentiful. Anyone who has a Google+ account, can send out invites. I got mine off a Twitter buddy.

So whether or not you're excited to try it or you think its another time-suck...at least you have the lowdown on how to use Google+ correctly. For those of you interested in more information, the Google+ Blog is brimming with videos and tutorials.

Until next time...Go Write!