Thursday, November 13, 2014

Coming Up For A Peek

Hello to all you NaNo warriors! Just popping out of my cave to see how everyone is doing on their writing adventure. 

I, for one, am woefully behind on my word count.  I know, I know...its still only halfway through.  I can do it....  At least I will try my darndest.

For those of you floundering, tiring, or just plain overwhelmed here is a really cool link to tons of Pinterest stuff on NaNoWriMo.  Everything from writing tips to inspirational quotes can be found there.  Its a great stress reliever too!

Meanwhile I am trying to push forward through my "architect" style of total planning to just get the chapters out.

Its sort of challenging though because I am constantly wanting to go back and edit...which is my usual way of doing things.  I write a chapter, go back and edit it, plan the next one... all very deliberate.

Writing for NaNoWrimo is almost a visceral journey where you follow your gut and overlook things that bug you to move onward.

Argh! Darn my perfectionistic tendencies! 0_0

Anyway...I found this really great infographic on writer's block that was super helpful.

I hope you guys find it as inspiring as I did. I also find that watching movie trailers is extremely focussing for me. Something about the brevity and concise nature of presenting a story idea that really helps me to regain my footing.

Here's to two more weeks of writing like a crazy person!

By +Raquel Byrnes