Thursday, October 17, 2013

Stalker List


So I started my stalking list for Science Fiction Publishers or rather, editors.

I've spent the past few days writing furiously and needed a little break to scoop my brains up off the keyboard. I decided that since I am coming up to the completion of my speculative fiction novel I should really start exploring the places that publish books like mine.

My first step was to check out the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America guild for their list of acceptable publishers to use in their membership application process. The list was plenty helpful.

I had to go website by website to weed out the children's book and graphic novel only publishers. Then I had to figure out which ones accepted unsolicited or non-agent submissions and which ones did not.

I had to go through this whole process before with my romance books so it wasn't as overwhelming as before, but it was still very time consuming.

Anyway...I am now going to check out upcoming writers conferences with science fiction emphasis and see if there are any editors on my list attending.  Maybe I can get my book done and a one-sheet put together in time to register.

Until next time...Go Write!