Sunday, March 13, 2011

There's Another - A Broken Heart Blogfest



You've broken my heart. I trusted you. I thought you would do what  you said you would. That I would get from you what I wanted, but I see that's not possible for you; hasn't been for a while.  


I hear your internal groan when I am near you. That low painful grind of your innards as you struggle to meet my expectations. It's been obvious for a while now that we need to part. I just didn't want to consider the cost of so much upheaval.


I have to admit something to you. I've found another. A sleeker, more willing to please version of you that I've already brought home. 


I know...I know you're trying, but...its not good enough anymore.  I find that I'm getting more than I hoped for, more than I thought within my reach, from my new love and I won't be coming back.


So I'm here for my things. My pictures and music -- I want them back.  I want my books back too. You've dropped the ball on those anyway. Most of my other things I've already moved so...you can't keep them in limbo anymore while you're "working."


No...I don't want to go to a professional. I don't think they can do much anyway. They're expensive and their little black and white buggy cars creep me out.  


I've tried to help you clean up. Tried to get you to be as you once were...remember the programs? The hours of "waiting" only to have you go back to what you were doing?


I'm tired of being blindsided by your freezing me out. I'm tired of having to recover things that you've trashed for no reason. So this is it. I'm walking away.  I'm off to spend time with a real workhorse...


Goodbye, Acer....my old laptop.





That's it for my Broken Heart Blogfest. Thank you to It's In The Book for hosting such a fun event.  Hope you visit the other participants. Until next time...Go Write!


Photograph by Rosa Menkman. 

27 comments:

Margo Benson said...

Ha, ha! A terrific take on the theme. So funny and well written, excellent!

Tanya Reimer said...

Very creative. I was taken by surprise, and I love that. Great job.

Talli Roland said...

Hahaha! The ending made me short - loved it!

Donna Hole said...

I need to have this discussion with my desk top computer. And my router . .

.......dhole

Francine Howarth said...

Hi,

I was so not expecting this from you but it was great: once upon a time object of desire ousted by sleek updated version! ;)

best
F

The Red Angel said...

LOL I loved how you interpreted the theme of "broken hearts." This was so entertaining to read...great job!

~TRA

http://xtheredangelx.blogspot.com

L'Aussie said...

Well aren't you the trickster? I knew something like that was coming, but I didn't guess laptop. Well, I'd be glad to be rid of my Acer too...ha ha...

Denise<3

Broken Hearts Blogfest Entry

Kerrin said...

Hah, fantastic twist!
Well done!!

Trisha said...

LOL, I loved this :) Great job ;)

sharongerlach said...

Haha! That just cracked me up. All the usual lines in a breakup fit perfectly with moving to a new laptop. Well done!

WritersBlockNZ said...

LOL! That was a fantastic twist, well done!

Katie Mills said...

lol- this was great. And my Acer totally broke up with ME a couple months ago! He's dead and gone...

Heidi Windmiller said...

Haha! This was a fun entry to read! I enjoyed the laughter in the middle of all the serious entries!

Murees Dupé said...

Great post! I loved the sudden twist at the end. I was starting to feel bad for the person in question. But great job!

Raquel Byrnes said...

Hee Hee! Thanks you guys. It was fun to write.

Dawn Embers said...

Very amusing. For a second I thought it was about a car but it didn't take me long to figure out you were breaking up with a computer. As soon as I figured that out it made the "you" references much easier to read cause i'm weird like that. Now I want to write one to an old novel idea about leaving for a shinier one, you have inspired me. ;-)

Great entry and thanks for taking part in my blogfest.

Mara Nash said...

Very nice. We've all been there and done that, right? So easy to relate to that kind of break up.

A fun, much less depressing, take on the "heartbreak" theme. As I go thru the day reading some of these, I keep getting more and more depressed. lol.

Thanks for the pick-me-up!

F said...

Hahahahaha! I love it! I feel like I am nearing the end of my relationship with my significant other too... Breaking up is never an easy thing to do.

Tessa Conte said...

Aww poor thing and it tried so hard!

Brilliant!

T.x

ps. love the book trailer, can't wait for the book!

Charmaine Clancy said...

Cute :-)

Jolene Perry said...

That was AWESOME :)
Fun voice.

Alicia Gregoire said...

Funniest thing ever!

Erin Kane Spock said...

Wow! That was awesome. I was proud of you and sad for the love you were leaving and then POW! Your laptop. Excellent. :)

Loralie Hall said...

So fantastic - I love the twist you took with the theme. Great job ^_^

tangynt said...

I about fell over dead laughing.

Awesome!

Raquel Byrnes said...

You guys are so sweet. Glad you liked it. It was fun to write given the subject matter. Hee hee!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Talk about writing something everyone can relate to! Very enjoyable.

Thanks for visiting my blog and following!