Thursday, March 24, 2011

Purple Prose Blogfest - Early Entry



Erin over at Hold On To Your Bloomers! is having a blogfest that encourages flowery prose. Its called the Paint It Purple Blogfest and it starts on 3/25, but I have a previously scheduled Author Feature tomorrow so I'm posting today.


Alighting my promethium flame to the cylindrical harbinger of death, I inhaled the ethereal fragrance of the Marlboro. The wraith-like tendrils floated effervescently toward the celestial dome of my sleeping chamber. 


I sighed, the deep and throaty groan of woman whose mind is elsewhere...lumbering over the heady musings of life and the fleeting happiness of a love found but not caught. 


A quivering note, high and plaintive, burst from my electronic tether...I looked at the phone on my nightstand. It was him. The Apollo of my heart, scorching an arc of need across the heavens of my psyche. Should I heed his cry?


So basically, she was having a smoke and her boyfriend called.


I hope you enjoyed my entry. Until next time...Go Write!
Photograph by A Magill.

12 comments:

Pk Hrezo said...

Oh, dahling.... marvelous! Just marvelous! I loved your adverbs. My aren't they fun to use?! I'm looking forward to posting mine tomorrow.
I'll try to check back for your author feature tomorrow. :)
THanks for your nice comments on my blog.

J.C. Martin said...

Cylindrical harbinger of death! Awesome!

Michael Offutt said...

So flowery. I'm glad it is short because there's no way I could read much more of that.

Alicia Gregoire said...

I can't stop laughing at this. "Alighting my promethium flame to the cylindrical harbinger of death" <-- LOVE

Stephanie said...

LOL Love it!!!!!! I'm participating too...so so fun!!!!

Erin Kane Spock said...

That was awesome.
I especially like the electronic tether. I frequently choose not to heed the cry of my cell phone.

I look forward to the author feature tomorrow!

Raquel Byrnes said...

PK - Thank you so much. =)

JC - Glad you liked that one.

Michael - I know, right?

Alicia - Glad I made you chuckle.

Stephanie - Awww...thanks. I'll stop by to read yours.

Erin - Thanks so much. This was a great idea you had. =)

Trisha said...

LOL, I love your entry. Great job!!

Lindz Pagel said...

I will never think of cigarettes as anything other than "cylindrical harbingers of death" for as long as I live.
Fabulous!

Kari Marie said...

This is the most fantastical purple prose I've read yet.. Loved it and my head hurts.

Miriam S. Forster said...

Bwahahahaha! I love it.

"scorching an arc of need" LOL.

Raquel Byrnes said...

Trisha - Thanks =)

Lindz - Me either.

Kari - Thats so nice...thanks!

Miriam - Ahaha...glad you liked it.