Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bernard Pivot Blogfest

Go To Blogfest Site

Nicole over at One Significant Moment At A Time is having a very cool blogfest. Its the Bernard Pivot Blogfest. If you like the Actor's Studio on Bravo, then you're familiar with the final set of questions James Lipton always asks his guest.  Originally created by French journalist, Bernard Pivot, they are quite fun.

Okay, here's Bernard Pivot's famous questionnaire:

  1. What is your favorite word?  That would be kerfluffle. I tend to cause them.
  2. What is your least favorite word? Mine. Things are rarely the result of one person's effort from start to finish. As a writer I know how much support and help I get from others.
  3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Okay, this is gonna sound weird, but movie trailers almost always pull me out of a slump.  They're just so perfectly delivered; music, images, narration --I love them.
  4. What turns you off? Idiots. People that know better and don't behave like it. When you could understand someone's position with a little effort and grace and refuse to do it. That makes me frustrated.
  5. What is your favorite curse word? I don't play favorites.
  6. What sound or noise do you love? I really like the sound of heralding trumpets. The kind you hear when princesses walk in a room or when a hero charges headlong into battle.  Love them. Stirring.
  7. What sound or noise do you hate? Incessant yammering. I tend to do it when I'm nervous and can't stand it. When its hard to follow what you're saying because you keep changing subjects. I'm sure if I were ever interviewed live it would be like watching a slow hot mess of a train-wreck.
  8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I'd like to work for NASA. No, really! I love the idea of pushing toward an unknown frontier. Of discovery still possible out there...amazing.
  9. What profession would you not like to do? In the words of the fake Drew Barrymore on SNL's skit on the Actor's Studio..."I wouldn't want to burn monkeys."
  10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "I've been waiting for you, Raquel, want to see something amazing?"

44 comments:

Pk Hrezo said...

Aww, great answers! Nice to learn more about you! :)

J.C. Martin said...

Cool answers! :D

Her highness, Samantha Vérant said...

kerfluffle? I can't even say it! I'm married to a (French) rocket scientist...I'll ask him what he thinks of NASA.

Jessica Bell said...

NASA! yeah! Awesome choice! :o)

Tony Benson said...

Great answers. I like kerfuffle too. There's a band with that name, and they're very good.

Margo Benson said...

Great answers!
I wonder if the Queen likes the heralding trumpets?

Alison Stevens said...

Kerfluffle! I love it! :)

Jess said...

Your least favorite word is currently my two-year-old's favorite...I've been hearing it day in, day out for at least two weeks now :)

Ciara said...

Great answers. Wow, so many blogfests! :)

Cherie Reich said...

Great answers! I completely agree with you about idiots.

~Nicole Ducleroir~ said...

Awesome answers! I especially liked the heralding trumpets. Wouldn't it be great to have "theme music," an inspiring, heart-thumping song that played every time you entered a room, announcing your presence to all? No? Just me, huh...how embarrassing...

Thanks for playing along!!!

gideon 86 said...

I love that you don't play favorites... I cracked up with that one!


Michael

Raquel Byrnes said...

For some reason, Blogger won't let me comment on other blogs. I'm still trying but if I don't get to you guys today...I WILL get to you.

If anyone knows how to help me...leave a message!

Thanks

Patti said...

I love movie trailers too. For some reason they give me a boost of inspiration - if they're good that is.

Alexa said...

What a great questionnaire, loved your answers and I completely agree movie trailers are amazing. Even ones for terrible movies are good :)

Jen Chandler said...

These are great answers! Oooh, movie trailers. Totally inspiring. I love them, especially in the theatre. Many of them make me tear up (I'm sappy like that...)

I haven't heard kerfluffle in a long time. Thanks for the reminder :D

Cheers!
Jen

Ann said...

Heralding trumpets go well with my favorite word!!! YAY! Nice to meet you fellow Crusader. Thank you for stopping over at my blog and following. :)

Michelle Gregory said...

love your answers. i don't like yammering either and idiots drive me insane. i think i want to hear God say that one too.

Margo Kelly said...

Hi! I'm a fellow crusader and new follower. Nice to meet you.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I love your answers, especially #2! :-)

Tara said...

Thanks for stopping by my place. It was great to come over and learn about you :)

Dan said...

Ha! Great answers!

Greetings from a fellow Crusader.


Dan

Julie Musil said...

What great answers! Your least favorite word, mine, is a great one. It sounds selfish when people (including my children) say it.

Margo Berendsen said...

I love the "slow hot mess of a trainwreck" - I'd be the same thing if interviewed on TV. Well maybe I'd be a muddy landslide. Same general idea though!

Kari Marie said...

A good movie trailer is a thing of beauty. I love the word kerfluffle.

Linda Glaz said...

Scooch. My mom always scooched everything over.

Linda Glaz said...

Scooch. My mom always scooched everything over.

VR Barkowski said...

Great answers, Raquel. Love that you don't play favorites with your curse words. I agree, they are all very deserving!

Danette said...

HI Crusader! Looks like you all had a lot of fun with the Pivot Blogfest! I've been reading through some of the answers as I've been visiting Crusaders! Thanks for dropping by!

tinadchayes said...

Hmmmm... Kerfuffle? I have no idea what it means, but it sounds like a cute cuss word a bunny rabbit might use. :)

Looking forward to the Crusade, and I think we're on the same list.

J.L. Campbell said...

Yeah, kerfluffle is a good one.
I'll pass on burning monkeys too and
your last answer is great! Never thought about it consciously, but so many other people's opinions and help go into my works of fiction. I see you're a crusader too, so I'll definitely be back again!

KO: The Insect Collector said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog, fellow crusader! LOVE these, especially the Barrymore reference. too funny.

salarsenッ said...

Love kerfluffle!! Way cool word.

#10's answer is concise and just what I want to hear, too. Nicely done!

Erin Kane Spock said...

Was that the same fake Drew Barrymore that kept saying everything was magical? I remember that.
I love Kerfluffle. 'Mine' makes me think of the seagulls in Nemo.
I know this is irreverent, but it sounds like God is about to flash you.
Great answers.

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Raquel, Nice to meet you today and thanks for visiting my blog. BTW, we share the same desire to work for NASA! What I'd give to be an astronaut...

Scheherazade said...

Everyone loves "kerfluffle". Thanks for sharing your responses to the questionnaire and thanks for dropping by my blog.

Charity Bradford said...

I knew I knew your name! I already follow you on twitter. Loved your answers. NASA would be an amazing place to work, and kerfluffle is fun to say. :)

L'Aussie said...

Movie trailers was a great fresh answer. Yep. I always love them and it does draw me in to go see the movie. Then the trailer is often the best part of the movie. Maybe they could make a movie of trailers...lol

Denise:)

M.J. Fifield said...

I wouldn't want to burn monkeys either. Hi-larious.

I also share your views on movie trailers. They're the only commercials that I rewind and watch a second time.

Raquel Byrnes said...

I had a great time visiting all of your blogs. What great answers!

Raquel Byrnes said...

I had a great time visiting all of your blogs. What great answers!

Heather M. Gardner said...

I love movie trailers! Best parts of the movie with all that dramatic music! Great answer.
Thanks for sharing all of your answers.

Deniz Bevan said...

I'll come work at NASA with you :-)

DEZMOND said...

kerf-what-luffle? :)) What's that and how should I pronounce the word :)