|Go To Blogfest Site|
Nicole over at One Significant Moment At A Time is having a very cool blogfest. Its the Bernard Pivot Blogfest. If you like the Actor's Studio on Bravo, then you're familiar with the final set of questions James Lipton always asks his guest. Originally created by French journalist, Bernard Pivot, they are quite fun.
Okay, here's Bernard Pivot's famous questionnaire:
- What is your favorite word? That would be kerfluffle. I tend to cause them.
- What is your least favorite word? Mine. Things are rarely the result of one person's effort from start to finish. As a writer I know how much support and help I get from others.
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Okay, this is gonna sound weird, but movie trailers almost always pull me out of a slump. They're just so perfectly delivered; music, images, narration --I love them.
- What turns you off? Idiots. People that know better and don't behave like it. When you could understand someone's position with a little effort and grace and refuse to do it. That makes me frustrated.
- What is your favorite curse word? I don't play favorites.
- What sound or noise do you love? I really like the sound of heralding trumpets. The kind you hear when princesses walk in a room or when a hero charges headlong into battle. Love them. Stirring.
- What sound or noise do you hate? Incessant yammering. I tend to do it when I'm nervous and can't stand it. When its hard to follow what you're saying because you keep changing subjects. I'm sure if I were ever interviewed live it would be like watching a slow hot mess of a train-wreck.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I'd like to work for NASA. No, really! I love the idea of pushing toward an unknown frontier. Of discovery still possible out there...amazing.
- What profession would you not like to do? In the words of the fake Drew Barrymore on SNL's skit on the Actor's Studio..."I wouldn't want to burn monkeys."
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "I've been waiting for you, Raquel, want to see something amazing?"