Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

David dressed up for our Kids Choice Award Party - He was Indian Jones...sort of.

This post is dedicated to the most amazing and handsome man in the world...my husband David.  Tomorrow is our 16th Wedding Anniversary - woo hoo!


Eighteen years ago I met a long haired, pale, black-wearing goth dude in college and the sparks flew...yes, I've always been a bit off.


We had an interesting first date, complete with my disaproving Marine father, "The kid needs a haircut." And David's car breaking down after a midnight movie...my dad picked us up. "Shoulda checked the engine fluids."  But we hit it off, fell in love, and that was that.


Flash forward to our suburban life. Clean-cut, church going, fourth-grade teacher and father of six beautiful kids. God blessed me abundantly.


Happy Anniversary, Pookie (I mean David)...I love you!

7 comments:

Mary McDonald said...

Congrats on 16 years!

Eric W. Trant said...

Six kids! Holy smokes, girl.

Congrats on 16 years.

- Eric

Beth Zimmerman said...

That is adorable! Congratulations! And WOW!

Watery Tart said...

I'm with Eric-- 6 kids!? ACK!

Happy Anniversary!

Funny, the beginnings... my neat freak was once a punk rocker...

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Happy anniversary.
Pookie? Poor guy will never live it down!

Laura Marcella said...

Happy 16 years and cheers to many, many more!!!

Mason Canyon said...

Happy Anniversary and congratulations on 16 years together. Wishing you many, many more.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress