Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Did I Notice Your Book Blogfest


Today is the day! I get to highlight a book that I've notice and truly found heartwarming and worth the read. 

It was the winner of the 2012 Inspirational Readers Choice Award and for good reason.

I really loved this book particularly for the troubled past of the heroine. This was story I could relate to with imperfect people and a story the doesn't pull any punches.

Saw it at CBD.
Here is a Blurb:
A choice, a tragedy, and life-altering consequences…
When Rena Dunigan flees New York City and her dream of becoming a Broadway performer, she returns to her hometown harboring a life-altering secret and the shame of a shattered past. When her friend talks her into helping build a house through the local Shelter the Homeless program, Rena meets Cody and his mischievous Saint Bernard. 

Cody is dealing with a devastating loss of his own, yet his gentleness and patience melt Rena's resolve never to trust—or to love—again. 

But what will Cody think when he learns the consequences of Rena's past? Will he reject her, or can she trust that love will heal hurting hearts and forever bind them together?

So that's my pick. I just loved the cover and when I read about it on Night Owl Reviews. I was totally interested in checking it out.  Don't forget to visit the other participants in the Did I Notice Your Book Blogfest.

20 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Gotta love a book with a cute and large dog in.

Tara Tyler said...

sounds like a beautiful story! and a sweet cover!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Raquel .. if the book falls within the Inspirational Choice Award - then there has to be a lot going for it - sounds very interesting ..

Cheers Hilary

E.J. Wesley said...

Great choice for DINYB, Raquel! I too love flawed characters, and true-to-life story outcomes. So I bet I'd enjoy this one. :-)

Sherry Ellis said...

Sounds like a sweet book!

msmariah said...

Good recommendation. This looks like a good read. There are so many great books in this blogfest.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Be cool if she finds her book!
Thanks for participating in our blogfest.

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Rachel, I think it's a lovely cover.

Ciara said...

Great recommendation. The cover screams 'sweet read.' Thanks for participating in the DINYB Blog Fest.

Southpaw said...

Ha, I'm like Susan. My eye was drawn to the dog!

Thanks for another read to add to my growing reading list today! :)

Erin Kane Spock said...

And there's a dog on the cover! Is there actually a dog in the story though?

Christine Rains said...

Cute cover. I like the effect done to it. Thanks for sharing!

J.L. Campbell said...

Nice cover and fitting for the story described. Cute doggie too.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Sounds like a beautiful and heart-warming book!

LynNerdKelley said...

I love the cover, too! Great choice.

LynnRush said...

Beautiful cover. Love the girl's smile. :)

Hart Johnson said...

Very cute cover. It looks a little sweet for my taste, but I definitely like it.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I love a good redemption story. I'll have to check it out.

Raquel Byrnes said...

Thank you all for stopping by to support Mary Manners. I loved hopping to all the blogs to see the choices. I've added a lot of books to my TBR pile. :)

Heather Murphy said...

This sounds like a great read, definitely worth checking out!