Friday, January 6, 2012

Working Like a Dog!


I have totally loved my vacation! I am a little bummed its almost over. My teacher hubby goes back to work on Monday, the homeschooling starts up again, and..."Writer Raquel" is back in action!


After working super hard on edits in December, the crazy party/dinners season started for Christmas...at least for all my kids. Let me tell you, six kids makes for a lot of running around. And what is it with White Elephant gift  exchanges...those are hard to shop for!


So now that I'm getting back into the swing of "Authorhood"... I wonder what you all did over the vacation. I always had the impression that things in publishing slow down as far as submission acceptances and what not. Have you guys had any interesting news this past month? What about all the Indy Authors? Did you step things up for the holiday buying season?

Photograph by KM Photography

8 comments:

DEZMOND said...

glad you had a nice break, Raquel! Happy New Year :)
I worked throughout the holidays, and am working in the new year too :)
And it's Orthodox Christmas Eve tonight and Christmas tomorrow in my country and Russia and other orthodox ones.

Ciara said...

It was a crazy month for me. I've been trying to finish up a book. I did take a blog break though.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I did a little blog break but I also had a book release a few days before Christmas and another a few days after so I had lots of promotion to do.

Erin Kane Spock said...

Welcome back! Still writing here. The cover for Ruby Dawn looks great. That is a very writerly looking dog.

Michael Offutt, Visitor from the Future said...

I'm not talking about my December. I'm just glad I survived it. Welcome back Raquel. The Diva of Romance has been missed.

Trisha said...

December was pretty nice for me in some ways, and pretty tiring in others! I got my revisions and short stories done, and achieved all my writing goals by the end of the year. So I was happy with that.

Happy New Year Raquel!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Bummer when the break ends! Don't know how you survive with six kids.
I'm just gearing up for the release of my next book while starting to work on the third.

Avadonja said...

6 kids. Man. You must be insane. Wait, you're an author... you ARE insane. :)
Nice to meet a fellow insane person.