Sunday, August 29, 2010

Wise Writer Award

I spent a lot of times haunting your blogs this past summer and I have to say, I learned a lot. From writing memes to posts about queries, you all shared a wealth of information that truly helps. I wanted to honor those of you who really helped me makes some sense of this crazy publishing world.

The Wise Writer Award comes with one requirement...that you share your favorite book on writing. For example, if you swear by Writing the Breakout Novel by Maass, then let us know so we can check it out. If anyone ever gave you some great advice...let us know that too.

So, without further delay, here are the three blogs that I learned from the most:

In My Write Mind by Justin W. Parente - This blog about the craft of writing has great series that cover hard to tackle aspects of fiction writing. Thanks Justin!

Wavy Lines by Laura Marcella is a blog filled with goodies to get you going on your writing day. Great quotes, encouragement, writing prompts, you name it -- she's got it!

Weekend Writer's Retreat by Calico Crazy and Grandma offer weekly memes that really stretch your writing style.

Thank you to all you die-hard bloggers who share your wit and wisdom. I encourage you to give them a visit and check out their wares.

Until next time...Go Write!

9 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's a great award - congratulations to the recipients.

Laura Marcella said...

Thank you, Raquel!!! That's an awesome award! I appreciate your kind comments. You made my day!

Thanks for the other links, too. I'll have to give it some thought on picking my favorite book on writing when I pass on this award. I have about 10 favorites, lol!

Amalia T. said...

Congratulations!! What an awesome award to receive!!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

That is an awesome award to receive, Raquel. You certainly deserve it.

Hope your week is productive and fun. Roland

Nicole MacDonald said...

Great award - off to follow new blogs now :)

http://damselinadirtydress.blogspot.com

Justin W. Parente said...

Hi Raquel,

Thank you greatly for the award. I'll be sure to post it on my awards page. As for my favorite craft book, while I have read Maass' "Writing the Breakout Novel," I really enjoyed his other book, "The Fire in Fiction."

A close second to that is any of the Writer's Digest series, my personal favorite being "Revision and Self-Editing."

See you around!

KarenG said...

Cool award! I will definitely go check out the new blogs. I'm glad you learned so much from blogs this summer. So did I. I always do. I get such a wealth of information plus inspiration and motivation, it's incredible and I always feel so grateful for what everyone does to share the wealth of knowledge and experience.

Jess said...

Ooo, thanks for the links to those blogs! I'm so excited to read them! :)

What a cool award, too.

Eric W. Trant said...

Your site is actually one of my favorite for writerly thoughts. Your pragmatic analytics jive with my engineering brain and you keep me nodding saying, Yep yep yep, over and over.

Catwoods also keeps me on my toes with her real-life examples in writing, and she's prolific enough that you can find something new every few days.

- Eric