Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Back to Playing


I get to play again!

Its been months of editing and re-editing, proposal and query shaping, and all around UN-FUN writing chores. But now with The Tremblers safely in my agent's hands and NaNo just around the corner, I am Happy Dancing and Celebrating as I start a new book.

I enjoy the planning, the research, and the anticipation of diving back into the sheer fun and fulfillment of just writing.

Photo by p049979
There's a special kind of homecoming when you begin a second or third book in a series. Your struggle and stretching to world-build pays off and you can just grow your universe as the story dictates. I really love that!

This is also the time where I begin to paw through the piles of papers on my desk for my Style Sheet. Because as much as I love the Trembler-verse and all the inhabitants of The Peaceful Union...I sometimes forget name spellings and dates.

I also peruse my PINTEREST page for inspiration and to revisit old designs, locale pics, and character stand-ins.

What do you do to get back into your book universe?

By +Raquel Byrnes