Friday, August 31, 2012

Book Birthday! Bayou Blue Releases Today!


Whew! Well today is the release of the third and final book in my Shades of Hope series.Bayou Blue hit the ether and the shelves and I am so excited!

Here is the blurb: 


Caught between revenge and redemption...
Sheriff Jake Ayers wants his parish to heal from the tragic bombing that left his town in mourning, but with Riley Drake back in town, that’s not going to happen. Jake cares for the beautiful, determined reporter, but Riley is causing no end of trouble. Most of the people want her dead. Emotions run deep in the bayou, and Jake’s are no exception. Keeping a level head and an indifferent heart is going to be as difficult as keeping Riley alive.

With her family shamed, and her faith shaken, Riley carries a heavy burden. She returns to Bayou La Foudre Parish to clear her brother’s name, but her mission is difficult. The people of the town are convinced of his guilt, and her only ally is Jake Ayers. Both frustrated and fascinated by the parish’s brooding sheriff, Riley hopes she's found someone to trust with her burden…and her heart.


Gotta say, it was so fun to try out those alligator hush puppies and crawfish gumbo as research. Surprisingly good, people! So my journey through the mysterious waterways of the bayou was so fun.

I have been super busy with the preparations for this release and now that its finally here I think I might need a bubble bath or something.

I'm busy at work on my new series though, so I won't be resting for long. So excited to share this special day with all of you!

Blessings,
Raquel